With the help of my loving Lord in Heaven, I have learned a huge lesson. Through painful things come insight and knowledge and I have learned a great deal about myself.
Recently, I have been on a get healthy and strong kick. I never thought that I would love exercise or love to run, but I do. I can run for 5 miles straight and lift weights, do push ups and sit ups among other things, in the same session. I can and have done 3 hour sessions. If I don't do at least 1 1/2 hours, I feel like something is not right. I feel strong. I learned that I can mentally push through physical pain to achieve whatever goal I have set. I am physically tough, that was a recent insight.
On the other hand, I have a big, gushy heart and am very emotional and sensitive, not only to myself but others. I have recently learned that, I love this about me. I have compassion, tolerance, patience and am learning unconditional love. I never give up, even when I am told I should. If I love you, I will never give up trying to have a sold relationship with you. I don't always have the right words to express how I feel, but I never give up trying to find the right ones and I think that is a great quality to have.
When I thought about what I have learned about myself, I learned that I would rather be strong and tough physically and have a big, gushy heart, than be the opposite.
I hope, I can be an example to my kids; that you can be strong physically and that being compassionate and having a huge heart is also strong. You don't have to be hard and unbending emotionally to be strong, actually it is a weakness, that caring about others and standing up for them and yourself is being strong. Never giving up, is strong and always learning and growing intellectually, spiritually and emotionally is strong. I also learned that asking for assistance and advice is being strong and that admitting you made a mistake or a bad judgement is strong. I hope that I can be a good example to being honest, even in hard times. Honesty, is a lost art, as is loyalty. I will never give up hope or give up on loved ones. I am finally, finding things that I love about me. I want my kids to know that if someone makes you question the good things about you, then love that person for who they are, but never listen to what they say, if it makes you not want to be you. Everyone is unique and should be loved for their uniqueness.
No comments:
Post a Comment