Monday, August 24, 2009
The kids started school today and I (as usual) had a hard time. My emotions go from one extreme to another. On one hand I am glad the kids will be back with friends and learning and expanding their knowledge. On the other I know that with all good things in life there are hard and even painful things in store. As much as I would love, that the world was a loving, embracing, fun filled way to learn and there was no pain, I know that is not how it works. Life is about learning and growing and the knowledge we gain from difficult situations and how we handle what life throws at us and how we treat others. I truly believe that we are meant to love others as GOD loves us and to learn to look for and see only the good in ourselves and others. As an observer (which I am more comfortable being) of life and others, I have found that those who put more value on worldly learning than spiritual, are usually the ones who give in to selfishness and strive for power, so they can feel important and be seen as smart and important and better than others. It truly saddens me that for the most part that statement is true. I feel that the way we treat others is more of an indicator of who we are and the power each of us holds within our spirits. Whether we chose to believe or not, we are spirit beings having a human experience not a human trying to have a spiritual experience. The most desirable knowledge to me is how to be unconditionally loving to all, even those who judge me and assume things about me, without actually knowing me at all and to always look for and see the good in everyone. I unfortunately have a childish side (becoming childish to interact with others who are childish) and find great excitement in playing with the heads of those who assume a great deal about me, but don't really take the time to get to know me. I seem to want to play a part for them and exaggerate that part to the hilt, since that is what they seem to think about me anyway. It is too much fun when they fall for the ploy, but a huge part of me mourns the true relationship we could have, if only they where open to the real me and actually wanted to get to know me. Oh well, here's to those wonderful few who really know me and love me for being me and those I truly know and love for them being them. To those who are confused about the meaning of life, when the real meaning of life is shown to you, whether it is on earth or after, if you care, you will be mournful of the lost chances of true friendship and love, I know I will. This little observation is for me and no one in particular.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment